Project News: New Rehabilitation Hospital in Lehigh Valley Breaks Ground!
On Wednesday, September 22nd, Good Shepherd Rehabilitation held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate their new rehabilitation hospital – a four-story, 76-private-bed hospital in Upper Saucon, PA.
This state-of-the-art, 124,000-SF hospital will revolutionize treatment and recovery options for people with complex medical conditions, such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, and other serious injuries or illnesses. The campus features outdoor therapy, activity gardens, and The Experience Center. In partnership with Moravian University, The Experience Center will offer people with disabilities and other mobility challenges new, state-of-the-art technology. Additional features include a diagnostic center, pharmacy, lab, kitchen/dining, central storage, loading dock, and various offices and support spaces. The hospital is projected to open in early 2023.
- Gary Schmidt, Chair, Board of Trustees of Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
- Michael Spigel, President & CEO of Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
- Al and Jill Douglass, Capital Campaign Co-chairs
- Frank Hyland, Executive Director of Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
- Ruth Aragon, patient and staff member of Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
- Sandeep Singh, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Program Director, Spinal Cord Injury Program at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
- John Inglis, Upper Saucon Township Supervisor