- 19 stories of floor-to-ceiling glass
- Conference center, fitness center, full commercial kitchen
- Light carbon footprint, seeking LEED Gold
- Owner: Parkway Corporation
- Architect: Gensler
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Square Feet: 305,000 SQ FT
- Sustainable Construction & Green Building
IMC's Innovative Approach to Project Challenges
IMC engaged in preconstruction to optimize the façade through a design-assist effort while maintaining the architect’s design, meeting the finish and quality expectations of the client, and meeting the cost and schedule needs of the project.
IMC led 75 design-assist coordination meetings for every detail of the building facade. Those details were built into a virtual mockup to clearly communicate material interfaces, sequence of installation, and the scope of work with each provider.
This design-assist / BIM process saved over $750,000 on the exterior brick façade, identified 15 façade issues — saving weeks of schedule delay and resolved over 100 different coordination and constructability issues.