- Primary, specialty care and diagnostic services
- 994-car garage, close to transit
- LEED Gold certified
- Owner: University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Architect: Ballinger
- Location: Radnor, PA
- Square Feet: 250,000 SQ FT
- Sustainable Construction & Green Building
IMC's Innovative Approach to Project Challenges
The delivery of this facility required cost and schedule alignment with Penn Medicine’s needs, but also required speed to market, finishing the project in only 18 months.
A phased design release approach was implemented that allowed field construction to begin 5 months ahead of final construction documentation. Key trades were engaged in a design assist to allow for shop drawings and coordination to begin early.
A result of both the phased design and the design assist effort was cost and schedule certainty from the beginning. Both of these efforts netted savings, opportunities for prefabrication, early release of materials, and an overall schedule reduction of 3 months.